The photograph below was taken during the Patronal Festival in July 1969 by Mr Tinsley the local photographer. Back row (left to right) TWJ Kendrick (vicar's warden), Herbert Lycett (verger), Sid Wood (bass), Gerald Harvey (tenor), Tim Mortimer (alto), Dr Mortimer (bass), Gordon Price (tenor), Roger Sutton (server), Ron Harvey (organist and choirmaster), Barry Brookes (server), Paul Daker (crucifer), Baron Clarke (bass), Terry Bailey (tenor), Frank Clarke (bass), Frank Kirkham (bass), Herbert Price (alto), Cedric Daker (people's warden); Middle row Queeny Clarke (soprano), Delda Clarke (soprano), Dorothy Stanley /Walker (alto), Dorothy Faisey (soprano), Ivy Wood (soprano), Revd. John Arthur Turner (vicar of St Anne's at Church), Jennifer Harvey (soprano), Anita Brookes (soprano), Elizabeth Brew (soprano), Christine Williams (soprano), Marjorie Croxall (alto). Bottom row Andre Punnett, ? Wattison, L Leighfield, Jonathon Price, Derek Kitchen, Steven Faisey, S Preece, S Roe. .
There has been a choir at St Anne's Church since the opening of the church in 1856. Whilst we are now scaled down in number, and only sing at our evening services, none-the-less we are toned up with enthusiasm, and always happy to welcome new members.